Family

Family

Friday, January 4, 2008

Anniversary





Can you believe that we have been married for 1 year now? We hear that the first year is the hardest year; I’m not exactly sure what that means. Does that mean that marriage gets miraculously easy after you hit the one year mark? Does it mean that I can now make rude comments without fear of repercussion? Does it mean that marriage is supposed to be some hard arduous task to perform and if you pass the first year you know what to expect? After all Seinfeld did say "I don't know marriage is like a 3 year commitment", we of course plan on a whole lot more than that ;)

Well all I know is that we have had a very fun and exciting year of marriage. Our lives are constantly changing and evolving, but I think if I could go back 5 years and tell myself where I would be 5 years later, I would be pretty happy with how things are going. I have a great wife, a cute apartment, a job that I really enjoy, and everything I need. The only extra thing I have that I wish I didn’t was this belly that has somehow grown from my stomach. Well I guess it’s a good thing we have gym memberships now.

So for our first anniversary we decided to get away for a couple days and we went to the Anniversary Inn in Logan. We chose the Hollywood Theater room, for the main reason that it had a soda dispenser in the room, and a very large TV (yeah what more could you want? I know). We had a great time watching the Bourne movies on the big TV, and watching The Price is Right in the morning from our tub, it was totally sweet. In fact we think this is how we want to set up our own master bedroom when we have a house of our own and aren't poor anymore (soda fountain included of course). All in all it has been a great year, and I look forward to many, many more!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

hey congratulations you guys! a whole year. wow. looks like a fun getaway - right up your alley, how on earth did you find something so perfect for you?

I will say that I hope you have kids before you get to design your master bedroom in your dream house because it could seriously make you rethink the soda fountain in your bedroom. Imagine Laine, Wyatt, and Romney in a room like that. BIG TROUBLE! your kids would probably never do anything like that though, so you're probably fine. go for it!

jim said...

okay - some things to point out.

Please refer to paragraph #2 "The only extra thing I have that I wish I didn’t was this belly that has somehow grown from my stomach."

Now please reference paragraph #3
"We chose the Hollywood Theater room, for the main reason that it had a soda dispenser in the room, and a very large TV (yeah what more could you want? I know)."

Your writing assignment is to compare and contrast these two statements for any possible correlations.

you know I love you right! How is that gym membership going anyway?

JonAli said...

Correlation? I found none....You know that soda is good for you right?
The Gym membership is going good, we have found that we are now trying to eat better since we are working out. You know like a Salad (from Cafe Rio) instead of a Burrito. And Mountain Dew, instead of Coke....So yeah, we're doing good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The 1st year is the hardest?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
OOHHHHHEHEHEHEHAHHAHAHAH

ooooh my side hurts
Let's talk after a couple more years.
:)

Unknown said...

oh boy, I'm laughing too. mountain dew instead of coke...

you guys are funny.

when we were engaged, we heard everything from "the 2nd week is the hardest" to "the 5th year is the hardest" and beyond. but if it makes you feel good to have it behind you, then yeah. the first year is the hardest. sure. why not? and...yeah. we'll talk in a couple more years. (hopefully more than that obviously, but you know what I mean!)

JonAli said...

I thought it was clear in my post that I thought it was silly that people thought the 1st year is the hardest, but I guess I'll make it clear now that I am not under that delusion =)