Family

Family

Monday, July 14, 2008

Snoop Doggy Dog, you gotta get a jobby job.....

So after being an Intern at IHC for nearly 2 years I will finally be getting a new job! I will be working at Frontline Support for IHC! So now when mom has a problem with her computer (at work) she will be calling me for help, whats the difference you ask? Well, now I will be getting paid for it! My current boss told me that if I worked at frontline support for a year than I would likely be able to become a support tech for his group (medical group), so I am striving to learn as much as I can in the coming year.
Good news: I will get a 35% raise.
Bad news: I will be part time for 3 months or so.



I have also been doing another job (mostly for fun) to cure my boredom at my current job. I am working as a guide for ChaCha. Never heard of ChaCha? Well basically ChaCha is a human based search engine. All you have to do is text ChaCha (242242) a question, any question. Then a human will receive the text on their computer and find the answer for you. For example I just text "What is the best Mexican restaurant in SLC, UT?". 2 minutes later I received the answer "The Red Iguana won Best Mexican Food for 2007! They are located at 736W North Temple, SLC, UT. Their number is (801) 322-1489!". So I applied for a job as a "guide" because I can do it while I'm at work. I only get $0.20 per answer I give so I'm not really making much money off it, I really am just doing it for fun/boredom. It doesn't cost anything to text, so it can be useful if you are away from a computer and want an answer to something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so cool about your new job. congrats!

and thanks for telling us about chacha - I'd never heard of that before. how do they make money, and what's the most random question you've been asked so far?

JonAli said...

They make money through advertisements. And the most random & only question I haven't been able to find was "What is the highest number a human has ever counted to?"